Roll-out of IntoSAINT
The Netherlands Court of Audit supports sharing the IntoSAINT tool with other INTOSAI members. Philosophy of the roll-out is based on responsibility of the Regions to manage the training of IntoSAINT moderators, facilitating IntoSAINT workshops, sharing lessons learned between SAIs and establishing a link to donors for the regional roll-out. Afrosai-E, Arabosai, Eurosai and (especially) Olacefs are already taking up this work. Other regions still need to find ways to do this.
Fortunately already some donors are interested in providing support: the Inter American Development Bank (IABD) and the German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ) for OLACEFS. GIZ also supports ASEANSAI.
Training of moderators and self-assessments
In 2011 Netherlands Court of Audit organized a moderator training in The Hague. Participants came from all over the world. Other SAIs also became actively involved in organizing training for moderators. In 2012 the State Audit Bureau of Kuwait hosted the regional ARABOSAI moderator training. The Turkish Court of Accounts hosted the first IntoSAINT moderator training for the EUROSAI region in 2013. The Mexican Auditoria Superior de la Federación organized a moderator training for OLACEFS in the same year. In 2014 the State Audit Office of Vietnam organized a moderator training for the ASEAN region. AFROSAI has planned a moderator training in 2015.
Now over 200 moderators are trained, more than 20 IntoSAINT assessments have been held. We encourage the widespread use of SAINT among supreme audit institutions (SAIs) and think this will make it possible to learn from others’ experiences and would also facilitate further improvement of the instrument itself. For more information about the roll-out in the regions see IntoSAINT experience.
INTOSAI Standards and guidelines
- IntoSAINT will be integrated in various INTOSAI standards and guidelines.
- The Working Group on fighting corruption and money laundering has proposed incorporating IntoSAINT in the ISSAI 5700 guideline for the audit of corruption prevention in Government agencies. This working group also prepared a proposal for ISSAI 9160, on good governance of public assets, in which reference is made to IntoSAINT.
- IntoSAINT is considered as an indicator in the Performance Measurement Framework of Supreme Audit Institutions (SAI-PMF), specifically in the indicator SAI-18: "Ethics, Management and Internal Control".
- During the Annual CBC Meeting held in Lima, Peru, September 2014, it was decided to include IntoSAINT in the CbC workplan. The goal is to promote IntoSAINT as a capacity development tool.
- The IntoSAINT framework has been included in the AFROSAI-E guideline on the prevention and detection of fraud and corruption.
- The EUROSAI Taskforce on Ethics and Integrity is preparing a guideline for audits of integrity management, including the IntoSAINT framework.
- The OLACEFS Governing Board created in May 2014 the Technical Commission on Good Governance Practices (chaired by the SAI of Argentina). One of the areas of work is “Effective Strategies of Public Integrity and Corruption Prevention” which includes the IntoSAINT implementation in the region, coordinated by the SAI of Mexico.